How Maginot Technologies started their button or icon journey
Note- This contest will have a guaranteed winner, just like our three other recent contests.
We're looking for a fresh take on the six icons featured on the home page of Gemstonedev.com. No web experience required- just your design skills. The six categories you'll be representing include: Real Estate, Entertainment, Technology, Retail, Spirits and Philanthropy. Other than a few simple guidelines you're free to work your magic and develop a creative solution.
What inspires you and how do you envision the design for your business?
We're looking for a fresh take on the six icons featured on the home page of Gemstonedev.com. No web experience required...just your design skills. The six categories you'll be representing include: Real Estate, Entertainment, Technology, Retail, Spirits and Philanthropy.
Other than the few simple guidelines below, you're free to work your magic and develop a creative solution.
We'll make public comments as we go along and we're always happy to give feedback to those who specifically ask for it.
Note- We're currently looking for a design for the icons only, not for the text that goes along them.
- Please don't feel constrained by our existing art and icon colors. Be creative and use your judgment to select a color palette you think will work best with our core blue background. Entries with more check marks and microphones are not going to win it.
- To save your time and ours, please submit polished entries only. We want icons that a company like Apple would be proud of. With all of the great designers in the community, slapping some clip art on a fountain fill background isn't going to take the prize.
- Please show each icon next to the name of its category (ie; Real Estate), in the same size, white Century Gothic type we currently use.
- If you can put the icon and type on a blue background similar to what's currently on the site that will make it easier to evaluate.
- We think square icons with radiused corners would be the best fit, but if you disagree, feel free to take a shot at something else.
- Gradients and glosses are acceptable, but we don't want it to look like cookie cutter web 2.0, so they have to be used wisely.
- They don't have to be "flat" like the current icons, and dimension is acceptable if you feel it's needed.
- If you think flat is the best solution for what you have in mind, that's ok too.
- All of the icons need to work with each other. They should look like a matching set, not six different identities.
- We'd like to see colors that will play well with our core blue background. Let's keep primary colors out of the mix, as well as orange, due to our personal preferences.
- We want a more refined color palette than what we have now and something that has been thought about and worked on using a color wheel, or your innate sense of color theory.
- Please don't submit entries that use the same colors for the icons that we are already using. We don't like how these colors work with the site, and want your take on what the colors should be.
- Clip Art.
- Icons that don't play well with our existing site/type/etc.