Winning design by satyenaghor
Paradoxical Wordpress design req'd for sports media company!
Grant_BSM needed a new wordpress theme
design and created a contest on 99designs.
A winner was selected from 29 designs submitted by 2 freelance designers.
How Grant_BSM started their custom wordpress themes journey
We are three founders based in Victoria, British Columbia who used 99Designs to generate a logo for our new company. We're now ready to take that logo and build a site around it. This website is for the corporate parent entity: Bet Smart Media Inc. The site will showcase our flagship product, Wagertrax, which is a suite of online sports wagering tools and software. Wagertrax will be offered primarily at its own website, Wagertrax.com. The Bet Smart Media site will be used to connect both up and downstream of the Wagertrax product ecosystem and serve as a point of interaction between the company and that ecosystem.
Tell us a bit about who you are and the people you reach
Our target audience archetype for the website are males in their late 20s through mid 30s. They are familiar with and use technology such as home entertainment systems, the latest mobile phones, and online social media such as forums, Facebook and Twitter. Just over half hold at least a college degree and just under half earn more than $75,000 per year in household income. They are avid sports fans who plan their social calendars around professional sports events. They likely dabble in online sports wagering to "make the games more interesting" more than to trying to turn a significant profit. Many of them have a proclivity towards the statistics involved in sports and like to track and theorize on what those statistics are telling them that may give them an "edge" against the sportsbooks (websites that take legal online bets). They tend to classify this whole suite of activities they're engaged in as entertainment, first and foremost, and are looking for community, camaraderie, entertainment and a thrill.
* Understanding of web 2.0 concepts
* Design Colors that match or complement the colors in our logo
* Images used must be royalty free
* Icons and design elements that make the site feel unique
* Suggestive /Questionable Undertones: Design should allude to glitz and the sexiness of "big spender" image playing Vegas high stakes tables. Audience is quite analytical and wants substance behind the glitz- they need to get the impression that Bet Smart Media is a fun/sexy/sin company, but also one that means business in improving their odds against the sports books.
* Persistent Site-Wide Navigation Tabs:
+ Sub Nav Section Headings avail for all nav tabs
o Online Sports Betting
o Contact Us
o Have a product highlight and promotion box:
o Should have logical containers to incorporate dynamic content
pulled from feeds and blog, etc.:
o Should have newsletter signup box
* Secondary Page design must include how tables, un/order lists, form fields and section headings should look.
* Header: Should include Bet Smart Media logo and site - wide search box
* Footer: includes links to: Privacy, Legal, Copyright
We've found some similar contests you might like