We are Stanford University's Undergraduate Senate. The 15 representative on the Senate are all undergraduate students themselves who pass legislation and advocate on behalf of other students. The Senate also allocates funding to student groups, meaning that it is particularly prominent on campus.
Most of the Senators have a few issues that they are passionate about, such as sustainability, diversity, or health & wellness. Most of the Senators have projects that they are actively working towards and have platforms that they campaigned on.
We try to get results, but still be slightly laid-back. Think of Steve Jobs walking around in jeans.
The users of our website will be students in California. A large number of them will be tech-savvy, as we are in the heart of Silicon Valley.
These students expect the website to look good and be easy to use. They have high standards.
- Stanford University provides a basic WordPress template for websites. It's ok, but it doesn't look great. We want it to look great.
- The template is here: http://www.stanford.edu/dept/its/co…ress_Theme
- You can also find the ASSU (student gov)'s logo at assu.stanford.edu
- I attached a small version of it.
- We'd like to maintain the Stanford color scheme (Cardinal red).
- We would like a 'clean' design.
- Have the main page function rather like a blog.
- There will be parts of the site that will be more static, for example for committees, individual Senator bios, governing documents, history, contact info, etc.
- Check out senate.stanford.edu for a very rough template of what this will look like.
Please provide us with the space to add extra tabs should we feel the need to do so.
- We would like some way to let people know about the legislation that we are working on.
- We will be embedding a calendar (probably a google one) into the website, but the main page doesn’t have to include space for it. Just something to consider.
- Please provide a layered PSD file.