A cartoon/comic to be used as album artwork (but could possibly be used for other things down the line, like posters, etc.).
My initial idea is for something akin to a Terry Denton or Where's Wally scene – lots of little bits and pieces containing funny things, in-jokes, etc.
Here are some of the in-jokes/concepts/scenes to start with that I would like incorporated:
• The original band name was going to be 'The Juice-Killed Cheeses', but that was a bit inappropriate.
• The band is now called 'The Juice', which can sound slightly semitic if you say it right
• A scene involving a chauvinist woman telling off a SNAG
• Something involving filthy reggae hippies dancing to filthy reggae hippy music/bongos
• Hippies playing African drums while Africans watch and say WTF
People to feature:
• Rick Rodriguez, the South American guitar sensation
• Rapunzel as a man/guitarist named Mark George (who has a curly moustache)...
• Being saved by Leon, the handsome xylophonist (who has a habit of ripping off his shirt, telling bad jokes and playing footy)...
• From the evil magician, Gerard the Greatnificent (who does card tricks and also tells bad jokes)
• Tom Beardsworth is the engineer who recorded the album – I'd like a visual pun for his name.
• A feature artist on a track is Yaw Mulatto. If you say his name a certain way, it sounds like 'YeeeeeeOOOWW!'
• My name's Jacob and I play drums but there's nothing funny about me
Song titles to incorporate as puns/scenes:
• Fat on Purpose
• No-One Knows What I Do
• Another One
ª Walk up to the Front
Not sure of specs, I think 2000x2000 at 300dpi would do(?). We can discuss that later, I assume.
Also, the text below this box says I should tell you that you're free to be creative, so there's that.
Any questions, please get in touch.
Thanks for looking,