It was a little slow to begin with, however the designers soon stepped up and got her done.
How Team Good Sport started their logo design journey
Our company is Good Sport Promotion. The logo is for Worst Day of the Year Ride.
The Worst Day of the Year Ride in Portland, Oregon is an annual bicycle ride that challenges cyclists to ride their bikes rain or shine on what is historically known as the worst weather day of the year (though for nine years running the weather has always been surprisingly gorgeous!). Over 3,500 ride this annual tradition. The ride is fun, short and quirky. It is not a race and is not competitive. A huge percentage of our participants come out in costume. Portland is the bike capital of the US and biking is our thing.
We are celebrating our 10th Anniversary this year and we'd like to introduce a new logo. We have never had much of a logo beyond stylized text and an umbrella image we occasionally used.
We play off the possibility of rain, sleet, hail and snow for this ride. We like paradoxical-style humorous and ironic images. The presiding theme of the ride is fun.
Tell us a bit about who you are and the people you reach
Our riders range in age from babies to 75, but the average age is 40.
Our participants are fun-loving, youthful, outdoorsy, successful professionals.
* Transparent background (unless your logo is a solid box)
* Vector art
* Final artwork we accept should be an editable Illustrator file
* Can be as colorful as you like, but should translate well into 2-color and BW
* Nothing too complex; clean and simple is good
* The event is playful and whimsical, but no heavily child-themed elements, please.
* Our event font is Skippy Sharpie but you are encouraged to experiment beyond this font.
* Nothing too wide or too tall. We prefer something that trends toward a 3:2 ratio; wider than tall. Oval would be okay too.
* Focus on the main image. The words can come later. We need a defining illustration that can stand alone and fully represent the event without the event title.
* Harsh weather must be conveyed
* Cycling must be conveyed, but using a bike may not work well. Consider other elements that convey cycling.
THE DECISION-MAKING PROCESS
We are excited to see your designs! We will rate the submitted images and eliminate ones we do not like. This gives you the opportunity to hone and re-submit your design if you'd like.
***** : You are a top contender
**** : Really close, looking good, you're headed in the right direction
*** : We like this general concept, but it needs work
** : A valiant effort, but this needs a lot of work
* : We will eliminate logos with one star
Please do not use any stock images or clip art in the logo.