From the start, Kangozz demonstrated that he read the brief/updates and got the point. He replies and delivers very quickly. I liked his first entry already, and I am very happy with the result.
- Stefan Seitz
How Dianeowensdesogns started their logo design journey
I live on Lord Howe Island and own 5 star holiday resort there. The lifestyle is simple, beachy, carefree. The resort has 6 self contained apartments on 4 acres of lush gardens, catering for couples. I love frangipani flowers.Most of the tourists are nature lovers, bushwalkers and couples who want to chill out.
I want to get the message of quality, class as well as beach and fun. I am an artist but find the task of design too complicated. I have had my property for 26 years and want to revamp and update the image.The decor in the apartments has a Balinese theme.
Tell us a bit about who you are and the people you reach
My target is people planning a tropical holiday or if not planning, when they see the new logo they'll want to go on holiday.I want the logo to reflect quality, class, beach, slightly Thai/Bali. The market is existing and we don't accept bookings for childern under 10 years-so mostly couples.The tourists are easy going,expect quality but not over the top posh.
I want a logo to be:
*classy, simple, attention grabbing ,and clever.
* able to secuce people into making a reservation at Lorhiti.
*able to be applied in various mediums e.g. Logo, stationary, T-shirts, menus, signs, compendiums, stubby coolers
*Simple to read and seen from a distance
* a font which is interesting and clever enough that it doesn't need a picture
or a simple font with a simple picture e.g palm leaf , frangipani flower, water swirl, shells etc. Not too big a picture.
* no citch palm trees, sunsets, people or fish
*upright font lettering but slightly sloped is OK ,maybe slightly Balinese
* Intertwining clever swirls among letters are good
* Lettering should have "Lorhiti" in largest font and "Resort" and "Lord Howe Island" in smaller font (suitable for a letterhead)-the roadside sign will just read "Lorhiti"
* The font attached with the word "Santrian" is a sign I photographed in Bali-I really like that font.
* Fonts I also like are Bonheur Royale (my Fonts), Zest medium (my fonts), New Day script (fontspace), present (myfonts), complimentOT Std (fontshop), ITC Kendo (fontshop) but anything suitable will be OK
* The font in blue "LORHITI" is the existing one which I want to update.