Brilliant...he went out of his way to help me with the campaign
How Boston started their logo design journey
Car Spots is a new company that wants to establish a consumer brand for parking. We are looking to create a logo for the company that will be used on all corporate material but as important, the logo will be put on a parking sign to notify people that they are participants in the Car Spots network of parking spaces. It should be easy to recognize and iconic. Most people will find their spot by find a mapping pin on a "google" map. I think in some way using a mapping pin in the design would be desirable but not essential. It is not part of the official logo but we will be using the words "Put your spot on the map" when marketing to people. I will also want to discuss with the winner doing the final sign design for an additional fee to be negotiated. This will include the logo and words. It should not be complicated but I would like it to look professional.
Tell us a bit about who you are and the people you reach
Our target audience is all people who drive and are looking for parking spaces. Many will access the service using a iPhone or a web application.
* "Car Spots" should be two words with the first letters in caps as in the beginning of this sentence.
* The use of a mapping pin is desirable but not absolutely necessary. The pin might be prominent or not. I will let your creativity be the judge.
* Envision how this might look as part of a sign. Some signs might be co-logoed with a partner
* I suspect most people drive and therefore park and have been frustrated. There are many images . Car Spots is a spot for cars ie; a parking space
• We would like to have a recognizable and unique icon that can stand independent of the words “Car Spots” if necessary to be able to use the icon in as many ways as possible.
Be creative, I think most of us can relate to what the company is trying to accomplish
I attached a very bad design I tried on powerpoint. This is a parking company but I am open to a pin with a letter that is more inline with Car Spots. The PIN can be anywhere, on angle or what ever looks best.
I also included a sample of what I am looking to do. I will be adding my pins on a map similar. This is from Zipcar