Have a look at http://HabitShaper.com to see our current logo, and a short video of the OLD software.
We are re-branding, so you are not bound by any of the visual elements in that site or logo.
* The logo SHOULD NOT reflect a specific niche (nutrition, exercise, writing, study, etc..).
* White or light background.
* We use Habits, not Goals (so no "bull's eye" elements, etc.)
* Try to communicate the idea of 'daily habits' using patterns or repetition.
* HabitShaper, habitshaper, or even habitShaper. But not HABITSHAPER.
* We use a logistic S-curve in our software, and it's somewhat incorporated into current logo. This is NOT a requirement.
"We are what we repeatedly do."
This is derived from a quote from ARISTOTLE (which is why 'classical' elements would fit).
In terms of our values, we prefer science/geekiness to spirituality/hippiness.
We look forward to seeing your work!
We want SIMPLE and clean designs. That means:
* No reflections
* No (or very little) shine/gloss
* No strong gradients
In terms of content:
* No Pepsi logos
* No people (neither realistic like #123 , or representational like #148 )
* Nothing cyclical or circular as the main element. We do not want the users to think they'll go back to where they were at the beginning.
* No arrows
* We want More CLASSICAL logos.
* Greek/renaissance IDEALS, but subtle.
* Technical drawings, a la daVince, perhaps?
* Tend to prefer Serif fonts (not a fixed requirement)