Duke Global Entrepreneurship Network (DukeGEN)
The Duke Global Entrepreneurship Network is a group for Duke's entrepreneurial community (made up of alumni, but also students, faculty, staff, parents and friends). We were started in 2008 and we have about 2100 members.
Find us online at http://www.dukegen.com
Mostly we focus on connecting members of our community.
We primarily do this through
- networking events in about 15 cities throughout the world
- online discussion groups
- social media, mostly LinkedIn, but also Facebook and Twitter
We're about helping our alumni and our community to start companies.
We're looking for a logo that will capture the professional nature of this organization.
Our target audience is mostly Duke University Alumni
But also Duke students, staff, faculty, parents, and friends.
While Duke has an well-known undergraduate school (which accounts for about half of the 12,000 current students), it has several other strong schools including
-Fuqua School of Business, http://www.fuqua.duke.edu
-Pratt School of Engineering, http://www.pratt.duke.edu
-School of Medicine, http://medschool.duke.edu
-School of Law, http://law.duke.edu
-Nicholas School of the Environment, http://nicholas.duke.edu
-Sanford School of Public Policy, http://sanford.duke.edu
-The Graduate School, http://gradschool.duke.edu/
-School of Nursing, http://nursing.duke.edu/
-Divinity School, http://divinity.duke.edu
-Duke-NUS Graduate Medical School, http://www.duke-nus.edu.sg/
We want to be welcoming of all of these schools at Duke.
Additionally, Duke is building campuses in five locations around the world
- Dubai, UAE
- St. Petersburg, Russia
- Delhi, India
- Kunshan, China
- London, England
We want to be welcoming of people from around the world.
In summary, there are many potential target audiences. But mostly it comes down to Duke alumni since they form the majority of our membership.
1) Professional looking
2) We think we want "Duke Global Entrepreneurship Network" spelled out. However, we'll entertain logos that just say "DukeGEN".
4) Blue should be the main color. But additional colors are ok and encouraged.
5) Probably do not use the "Blue Devil" head
6) Probably no pitchforks or devil horns.
7) There should be a secondary version that works well in a square (like for Twitter)
8) It's ok to use the same typography from the original Duke Global Entrepreneurship Network logo (attached). In that case, you can focus on adding an icon.