RateSmart is a revolutionary new way to get a home loan. Traditional mortgage companies charge very large fees to originate a mortgage. These fees are typically 1-3% of the loan amount, which quickly reaches $5,000-$10,000 in high-priced areas. Furthermore, the fee structure of traditional lenders can often incentivize the loan officer to put the borrower into a bad loan because it's more lucrative for the lender.
RateSmart is the only online mortgage broker to give borrowers direct access to wholesale rates. We charge one, simple low fee that's a small fraction of typical lenders. RateSmart is easy to use and less complicated than working with traditional lenders.
When people think RateSmart, they should think:
- amazingly low mortgage rates
- ease of use
- changing the norm
- the smarter way to get a home loan
Tell us a bit about who you are and the people you reach
Our target audience...
- Consists of US homeowners in every state, but primarily on the coasts.
- Is primarily ages 25-45.
- Is well educated and considers themselves savvy. Don't offend their intelligence.
- Uses the web for everything they can, and trusts it.
- Believes that there are new and better ways to do things.
- Is most likely fed up with existing mortgage companies for being untrustworthy and too expensive.
Please see my comments in the contest for up-to-date requirements and preferences, thanks.
I'm undecided on whether our logo should be "RateSmart" or "RateSmart.com" so i'll accept submissions for both.
People absolutely must TRUST us. So this logo should be professional and not be too playful. However, we absolutely must SEPARATE ourselves from traditional banks and lenders. Our company is boldly changing the world. We have attitude, creativity and a drive to make a difference. That should shine through.
Some people call us the http://www.redfin.com for mortgages. I don't like their logo, but you get the idea on company attitude. Different from the norm, yet professional.