Logo for a mobile pixel-art platformer / runner game. It's an old school game like Super Mario Bros. It's set in the 1980s with the player battling elements of pop culture from that decade (pac man, rubix cubes, breakdancers, mr t, etc.).
Don't be afraid to think outside the box here - if you have a cool idea please feel free to run with it. Given that, below is what I've been thinking so far...
I'd like to see something in the logo that really communicates the concept: the 80s and the concept of a platformer game. Some examples include:
* using geometric shapes in the background
* iconifying an NES Game Cartridge (perhaps with a tie into a mobile phone or something?) or by having 80 done like the nintendo 64 3d font (3D LET BRK Font)
* using pixel-type fonts, script fonts, etc.
* using bright 80s color - pink, blue, etc. - but open to a more generally colorful design (using a handful of bright colors together)
A couple of suggestions:
* "the 80s" should stand out in the logo - doesn't need to be the biggest thing, but it should pop out somehow
* Script fonts should be two things: a) mostly readable b) 80s-looking - google 80s script font - google "80s script fonts" to get the idea
* Should work on a dark or light background, ultimately - which is the main reason I've shyed away from the "retro modern" look: perspective grid background, etc. (that said I do love that style)
* Winning design will probably the one that most conveys, "this is a pixel platformer game about the 1980s"
I'm also open to a more "cartoony" style you sometime see for mobile games, if it works well.