We're a non-profit community site for photographers/models with the darker sense of beauty. And we need to reflect that in logo.
At this point we don't have a logo at all. We need something really catchy and memorable. We want it to look serious, expensive and unique, people should feel they're privileged (and they are). On the other hand, most of our members are between 20 and 30, so i guess it shouldn't be too boring and corporate.
It will be used mainly as a web site logo, and it will be on our banners. The site itself will be totally redesigned afterwards so it could be used now only to get the right mood maybe. But the main colors will remain. So the logo should look great on black (or dark grey).
Preferably, it should be a separated text and a symbol (if it's the right word), because in some use cases only small graphic part would be possible (but of course we're assuming 'the brand' is already known or the symbol would make people with darker minds to get interested in the meaning of the logo).
The logo probably should make accent on ".net" as there's a chance will confuse the address with much more common ".com".
The logo itself should be done in vector of course.
- mainly two-colored: white and red or plain white (with black or dark background), dirrefent shades are possible of course
- present and probably accented ".net" part
- preferably should contain a separatable symbol part and a text (or combined) part
- the logo should look serious and appealing to the artistic persons, they should feel their privileged statusPlease read contest comments as there're additional info that could be helpful.
- I'm not into the whole "web 2.0" thing so i don't want any glass effects, wet floors and such. future site design won't have those.
- Don't let all the 'Angels' thing confuse you. The main subject of the art there is human (and mostly women) beauty, so all the halos and wings aren't really fit that well.