It was a pleasure working with fatboyjim.
His grasp of our business concept was beyond our expectation. He beautifully translated the concept into a simple and yet vibrant design that expresses our vision and values. He is also very quick in responding and accommodating our requests. I would highly recommend him and would love to work with him again.
The dishtip website helps you figure out what to eat and where to get it. dishtip analyzes millions of web-based reviews, content and photos to suggest the best dishes. dishtip is a 3.0 semantic mashup that also helps you discover exciting dishes based on your search terms. Although the dishtip.com website only went live in November, it has already started to go viral with restaurants across the nation promoting dishtip to their facebook fans and twitter followers. Recent reviews have stated that the dishtip.com is the best site to date for truly discovering great dishes to eat.
Tell us a bit about who you are and the people you reach
Anyone who uses the web (Yelp, Opentable, TripAdvisor) to get suggestions on where to eat.
1. Design that works well on web, business cards, etc
2 Logo should scale well for different sizes (could use as mobile web app header, or for print)
3. Logo should fit well in current layout on dishtip.com (140-160px wide, 50-60px high)
4. Would like a png and a vector version of the logo , and source file (psd)
1. Image associated with name should reflect focus on the food and restaurant vertical
2. Would like design that reflects our leading edge web 3.0 mashup approach we are taking with our site
3. Would like logo that is cool and hip
4. Open to designs that have all the letters in dishtip the same color as well as having the 'dish' letters a different color than the 'tip' letters. One concern if they are all same color is sometimes people accidentally 'see' a different word like 'dipship', 'dithip', etc.
5. Need to include tag line 'What to Eat and Where' as part of logo design
6. dishtip is all lowercase
7. Should look good as standalone image on different backgrounds. For example, if another website wanted to list our logo on their webpage, would want our logo to look good (do we need version with white boxed background as a backup?)