Hire Queue only exists in my mind right now, but this logo project will be one of the first exercises in making this thing real.
Hire Queue will be a tool for hiring managers or recruiters to streamline their hiring process.
The vision of Hire Queue is to make the lives of hiring managers a little easier, help them find the right people for their open positions, and help normal folks land in the perfect position for them...all by creating a tool that makes hiring easier, less time-consuming, and more enjoyable.
We'll be bringing in features that fit current hiring processes in most companies to meet existing needs where they are. BUT we'll also be introducing some new concepts to the hiring process that will include private video and live video chatting...all within the Hire Queue web application.
The personality and culture I want to portray is casual, fun, creative, and efficiency. We want people to feel like we really understand the frustrations of hiring new employees in small- and medium-sized businesses and that Hire Queue will solve a LOT of those frustrations for them.
Some companies/brands to consider:
- 37signals (basecamphq.com, highrisehq.com, backpackit.com, campfirenow.com, etc)
- http://www.marketcircle.com/billings/ or http://www.marketcircle.com/daylite/
- http://lessaccounting.com/ (i really like the simplicity of this logo.)
We're aiming to grab the attention of hiring managers and recruiters...the people that have to actually manage the process of sifting through hundreds of resumes, organizing and holding dozens of interviews, and narrowing all that information and interaction down into the 2-3 best candidates for an open position.
Think about the head of HR for a small or medium sized business with 10-300 employees.
Very few requirements.
- unique, bold font for the title/text that stands separate from the icon
- unique, clever, creative icon that stands separate from the title/text
- needs to fit conceptually on our marketing site as well as in the header/footer of the actual web app interface
You have freedom on font, color, layout, etc. Just don't bring something boring or something that's been done before.
I'm attaching a simple wireframe (that we probably won't use for the site) to give you some context for the type of language I'll be using and for the focus of features and stuff. Please contact me with questions.