A logo that looks good and fits in with the name and essence of our site – it’s about excitement, sharing, getting people together - blowing your trumpet!
Applicable to a web site and an iPhone app. Do NOT use clip art, stock photography, elephants - focus on something that is unique, innovative and fun while keeping the essence of our service.
Attributes that come to mind when we think of the logo:
- Professional yet innovative
- Portrays us as an innovative and experienced (not kiddy)
- Conveys a sense of community
- Speaks to our audience (put "Life" in the logo)
- Colors and Typeface need to be sharp (look) but soft (feel), inviting, trustworthy
- We're not looking for a slick-looking, cold, sterile logo. We love attitude! We want to be different - don't want to look/feel like every other boring brand.
- Prefer soft colors as primary – use other colors as secondary to bring out the life. Think warm, friendly, trustworthy, and approachable.
- Ideally, the “picture part” of the logo is useful on its own too. It can be integrated in the design of the name, but has to be understandable without it.
- Logo should translate well to small buttons, badges, and icons. Think two treatments: A main logo for the website, iPhone and marketing materials, and an icon/badge, e.g. Facebook's (f) and Twitter's (t) you see all over the web.
- Modern and clean look.