How Verge Studio started their logo design journey
The Las Vegas Media Guild is a non-profit, professional network of film/tv, new media and other creative professionals. You can check out our website at http://lvmg.org. We are looking for a simple, clean logo with an iconic visual element that can work as an twitter icon/wordpress gravatar.
What inspires you and how do you envision the design for your business?
While our current website has a dark color scheme, we will be completely revamping the site once we have the logo in hand. So, the design and color scheme is pretty wide open.
- Iconography: Pretty open. Something that mashes up film/video and Las Vegas will be a winner. However, do something original. Don't just throw a camera on top of a poker chip and call it a day.
- Color Scheme: Again, pretty open. Colors should work well together and not clash. Only use bright, neon colors if you know what you are doing and can make them pop without being garish.
- Typography: Super clean. No crazy serifs and scrolls. This should look professional.
- Dimensions: Overall logo (icon & typography) can be wider than it is tall. However the icon/gravatar should completely fill a square when used as an avatar.
- General Notes: New site design will be ultra clean and smooth. Think of apple.com or cnn.com. So, create something that fits that look.
- BRAND: The full name is "Las Vegas Media Guild" but we primarily reference it as LVMG. Feel free to riff here and provide variations with both the full name and just LVMG
- Cliches: Avoid them. Make something unique. No Elvis or Sinatra silhouettes. Dice, slot machines and poker chips had better be used in a new, fresh way.
- Super-bright Colors:
- Grunge/Tribal/Tattoo Styles: Don't use them. This is not Juicy Couture or the UFC.