How Andrew Zaple started their logo design journey
We are a new Company with a unique set of tools and techniques we will provide under license to business and IT consultants around the globe who will use them to help their clients transform their organizations (public, private, government, large & not-so-large).
The logo will be used on our web-site, on PowerPoint presentations, reports, letterhead and business cards.
What inspires you and how do you envision the design for your business?
We are a new Company with a unique set of tools andtechniques we will provide under licence to business and IT consultants aroundthe globe who will use them to help their clients transform their organisations(public, private, government, large & not-so-large).
The logo will be used on our web-site, on Powerpointpresentations, letterhead and business cards. The logo should look good insmall and large formats, be effective in colour and monochrome and inverted (ieblack on white and vice versa).
We promise to deliver feedback on submitted designs within48 hours of their receipt. We will adopt the following rating system(“borrowed” from another contest):
· 5 STAR – on our shortlist, for sure!
· 4 STAR – we really like it, but just not enoughto put it straight on the shortlist
· 3 STAR – getting there; but there’s somethingnot quite ‘right’
· 2 STAR – has potential, but needs a fair amountof work to be a contender
· 1 STAR – thanks, but no thanks
- Needs to capture our professional, business-likenature simultaneously with the “freshness” of our approach
- We have a preference for a simple, clean,uncluttered look
- Our marketplace is global, so the logo needs tohave universal” appeal (OK, just as “universal” as the English language)
- Deliverables should include:- Pantone #s for every colour used
- Provide a transparent and monochrome rendition
- Vector format (editable), bmp, jpeg, tiffversions
- Examples of the use of the logo on businesscards and a Powerpoint presentation title slide and blank slide.
- There will be things we won’t like, but until wesee them we don’t know what they might be! For now, we commit to open our mindsto all possibilities…