How Good Ventures started their logo design journey
Help develop the identity for a brand new range of hair and body eco-chic products targeted at the mass market.
Evolve beauty: live better
What inspires you and how do you envision the design for your business?
I am currently developing a hair and bodycare range which has the following positioning:
- "clean" (i.e. no toxic ingredients instead natural ingredients but not flowery or stinky),
- gentle (no irritants or fragrance)
- eco-friendly ingredients and packaging
- It will appeal to a wide demographic of people (both men and women but primarily women) aged 20 - 50I need a logo that I can base a brand identity (look, colour, packging) around so the logo needs to work on a bottle, website and in a leaflet. To work on a bottle it needs to be relatively simple and impactful, and also needs to work with a product name (e.g. shampoo) placed close to the logo.
- the main word is to be "evolve" and this can be upper or lower case. it's full name is "evolve beauty" (on the web) and this can be used as well if desired
- a tagline could be used if desired - "live better"
- the style should be a balance between modern and impactful, and respecting the fact that this design needs to appeal to a wide age range and a mass market.
- the style should be feminine enough for women yet still relatively unisex.
- it is important that the range looks high quality although it will be priced affordably
- the background that the logo will be on is likely to be a light to mid-colour such as a tone of green or blue rather than white. it could be an photographic image if desired
- Anything too "green" or "hippy" looking - this is a mass market product
- Anything too "girlie" - this is a unisex product
- Anything too "tech" - the name lends itself to tech stuff I know, but this is a skincare range and so it needs to be organic and clean.