MingleBird is a mobile socializing application that makes a game out of introductions, allowing users to establish connections with other players in real time, in the real world, at social events. Used in potentially awkward social or work gatherings, MingleBird facilitates an otherwise boring task of networking into a fun game format.
We are a group of graduate students at the University of Southern California's innovative Annenberg Program for Online Communities (APOC). As the capstone project to our one year master's program, we are provided a budget to build and launch a website. Capitalizing on increasingly mobile-centric modes of communication, our group is going one step further by building a mobile app in addition to the website. We will be launching our business by December 2010 and presenting to venture capitalists and angel investors in order to grow beyond version 1.0!
The game will be played in group settings -- conferences, conventions, cocktail hours, reunions, college orientations, mixers, and other social networking events where “ice-breaking games” may be appropriate, useful and fun.
Since users must have a smart phone (iPhone or Droid) in order to play the game, they will likely be tech-savvy and in-the-know about basic social media networks and mobile apps.
We are looking for a logo and brand identity to represent our mobile social game. Playing on the phrase "social butterfly," we want the logo to evoke fun without being too cheesy, as well as elegance without being too sleek.
Please provide images for both the word "MingleBird" as well as a "mascot" icon.
1) The logo will not only represent our brand, but will serve as the image for for the mobile app. Thus we want an image that is flexible to scale both on the web and as a mobile app.
2) Nothing too cartoonish or flashy.
3) Please feel free to experiment with colors. That said, we don't want anything too complicated.
4) Although "bird" is part of our name, we do NOT want a logo that potentially could be confused with the Twitter bird/logo.
5) We welcome images/icons playing off the bird or "M" in MingleBird (perhaps the M could represent the wings and crest of a bird). Also, since this is a socializing game, we could see several birds mingling as part of the icon.
6) Lastly, please do not use any stock images or clip art in the logo.
Thank you and we look forward to your designs!