Our new cooperative needs a logo. A brief summary of potential themes for this logo: grassroots, community, energy efficiency, neighborhood revitalization, inclusion, spiral, scalable, fun, people-centered, and/or innovation. We also want it to convey that we are fiscally sound and credible without feeling institutional. We want a unique logo that, as much as possible, doesn't remind people of other logos they've seen before.
UPDATED: I've consulted with our full team and we decided that we are generally in favor of images containing people, particularly when there are more than two people. We also like circular shapes and spirals. We don't want the logo to seem too corporate or "establishment."
SECOND UPDATE: Please make a version of your design that incorporates our tagline: Community Powered Energy. We will also want a version without it, so please have one with and one without the tagline.
We don't have much in mind for particular colors (although minimal use of green would be best), fonts, or images. Our focus is more on the ideas we want to evoke, listed below:
- community, neighbors helping each other, cooperative, people power
- energy efficiency, solution to climate change, neighborhood revitalization,
- effective, fiscally sound, credible
- inclusive of marginalized voices, expanding, spiral, scalable, adaptive, holistic
- fun, personable, people-centered and -scaled
- entrepreneurial activism, innovative, possibilityOur logo should be engaging to both people who consider themselves environmentalists and people who want nothing to do with "environmentalism." Also please note that the graphic design of our website (http://www.cooperativeenergyfutures.com) does not reflect the logo we are seeking.
Our mission statement: The mission of Cooperative Energy Futures is to use the power of community to create economic opportunity through energy efficiency, and to empower people to participate in simple climate and energy solutions that work for everyone.
- Usable on our website, in letterhead, on business cards, etc.
- Can say Cooperative Energy Futures or CEF or both.
- Smooth, circular images.
- Wind turbines or suns, since we are not a wind or solar company.
- An at-this-minute look that will be outdated in three years.
- Jagged or sharp images or fonts
- A corporate feel.