We need a vibrant logo designed that portrays a very strong brand for our IT company. We are open to all creative ideas. The design should have some sort of subtle reference to IT and work very well on black and white backgrounds. It needs to convey not only a logo, but a Brand.
What inspires you and how do you envision the design for your business?
We have just completed taking over an IT company that we have worked for during the last 6 years. The primary focus is on consulting to small to medium business as a Value Added Reseller. The majority of our work is in managing our clients networks (Servers, PC's, Routers etc). We sell and install all of our clients the hardware and software and then provide backup support over its lifetime. The current companies logo can be seen at http://www.mtec.com.au however we don't really like this logo. We are changing the name to Moore Technology from M-Tec during the changeover. We will also likely have the winning designer provide a business card design which we will pay separately for through Paypal once the design is finalised. We will be working on an eCommerce site as well hopefully within the next 6 months for this company.
- Very strong brandable image
- Ability to turn web address on and off (http://www.mooretechnology.com.au)
- Vector format
- Must work very well on black and white backgrounds
- Can use multiple colours, but it must be able to be converted to 1 or 2 colours if needed (faxes, etc)
- We like strong blues and reds however are open to other colours
- It must print well on paper, as well as show well in quotes we send via PDF
- Preferably squarish (as in same width as height)
- Full copyright transferred to us - however we are happy for you to display the logo in your portfolio
- When we get our business cards designed, we prefer having a dark colour on one side, and a light colour on the other side, so the logo needs to work in that instance
- A pastel coloured logo that looks like it was purchased from a template (see http://www.quadmoore.com which is our holding company - we purchased a cheap template logo here and it shows
- Can't look too geeky, but can incorporate some subtle elements linking it to the IT industry
- It can't be a design that will date easily, the company is 22 years old and hopefully will go another 22 years
- Gradients are OK, but only if used minimally and able to be transferred to the 1 colour design suitably