As many of you great designers put it brilliantly.. I could design this myself but It's always harder to find inspiration for your own work -- So what better way than to involve some of the web's biggest and brightest! No holding back! Major concept -- make it your own!
Please READ the brief :) :) -- THANKS!!!
E L A S T I Q U E (Pronounced Ela-Steek) -- French word for "Elastic"
Elastique, or élastique, if you want to get professional :) Is the french translation for elastic. Simple and sweet.
The concept for the business name hovers around the other concept of "We'll stretch to fit your needs" or we take it to the next level...
Something definitely memorable that encapsulates the meaning of the word/branding yet remaining edgy.
Best way to put it is I want to play on the term "elastic" -- Make with that whatever you may think when you think of the word elastic..
- Text squished in certain areas like it's being pulled apart or;
- Actual elastic band somewhere around the logo or In the logo or THE logo..
- Etc, etc... Come on guys BE CREATIVE!!!
The font should be all lower-case, i.e. "elastique". Having said that, do try to put "web design" on the line underneath in an example - but at least have the "elastique" alone if you can only make one design.
A big bonus would be if you can make the logo itself on a business card as well.. I won't hold that against you if you don't but i think it will definitely help me to see how it will work on all mediums; inc. print.
Having said that -- it DEF. has to work as one color, or BLACK/GREY as it will also go on letterheads/invoices, etc.
I luv customized fonts and more importantly little touches to fonts to make the logotype look very unique and not just a regular "Helvetica Neue" - please don't think you can't use HN.. :)
Come on guys - Huge playing field.. Lots of ideas you can throw.. See what ya'll can do! :)
- Innovative and attractive
- Very memorable.. You need to look at your logo and say "yes, I'll remember that after I see a business card" etc.
- Intelligent and creative concepts.. I.e. Think outside the colloq. box.. I'll find it hard to feedback if all i see is verdana type saying elastique (for example)!!!
- Very, very, usable and functional - it HAS to be as-effective in one colour and on smaller sizes. Having said that it should look good as well say for example if it ever got printed on a shirt one day. (Just keep it in mind ;)
- 2009.. I.e. Modern... I don't want the logo to look like it was done in Photoshop 7 six years ago (very sorry if that sounded harsh :)
- Final logo delivered as illustrator ai. file (VECTOR) please so it can be scaled down. It should be finalised in final colours chosen and if possible also a black version. This isn't a deal breaker though...
- In summing up - a logo that you'd be proud of to use in your own design studio one day ;) so really try to come up with something unique :)
- Any use of vectors/cliparts that you did not make.