I've been a web developer for 15 years having worked on some very large entertainment and game publisher sites so I've been around the wonderfully creative(something I'm not). I'm also a very big Disney collectible fan and animation history buff. I like 'fun' and want to convey that without slapping people in the face.
I'm trying to get a logo that is fun and whimsical, yet conveys something a little more polished than most Disney fan site logos which are usually rainbow colored or a bit of an eye sore. I don't like really bright colors and really enjoy more muted colors, something polished but doesn't pop so hard the eyes hurt.
The site will help collectors track what they own and what is out there for them to collect. The site will be more data driven than graphical, a lot like a mahalo.com page.
I'm targeting Disney fans and people who collect Disney memorabilia. They are very fun people, very fanatical about their collections and what's available for them to collect. They range from people who go to the parks every month to people who simply want to collect pins by purchasing them on ebay from their living room.
The attached file is the 'icon' (should open in Illustrator) I would like it integrated into the logo along with the name of the site: DizCollect
1. It can be used in the word or completely outside of the words, I have no strong preference either way.
2. The colors can also change if the designer feels it will meet their needs. I'm not strongly tied to the brown, though I do like the subtlety of the color. Please no really bright colors.
3. The typeface should be fun and not too corporate looking. But the typeface should also be legible at different sizes.
4. You may stylize the icon some. What I like is that it has some depth. It also has the mickey ears which is instant recognition to my audience. Please do not remove the icon completely or change it so much it is not recognizable from the one provided.
5. Something that can be used in the header area of a web site, Horizontal is better than vertical.
The colors used in the logo will help drive the colors used on the website so please keep that in mind.
I like how this logo sits up top horizontally:
The files we will require are:
Print file format - .ai (CMYK)
Web file format - .jpg and layered .psd (RGB)