We need a logo for a consumer geo-location technology like Facebook or Foursquare.
We are looking for logo that will stand the test of time. One example of a classic consumer logo that I like is Polo. They have a very simple logo but they also have an emblem (the horse) that people like to associate themselves with.
Other company logos that we like include:
- Guilt: Classy and elegant; but don't like the gold as it is a fad color. Gold was death in 90s, 2000s and now everyone is back into gold.
- Undefeated (five strike logo): It's simple, reusable and recognizable. It's not part of a current fad.
I really like negative space. Here are some great examples of logos that use negative space well: http://velvetant.net/blog/45-logos-…fectively/ (check out the catch 5 logo... super creative).
I tend to like standard colors like blue, red, grey, black, white but am certainly not limited to these colors.
Logos that I can't stand:
- Comcast: It looks like the TV screen went off the air
Here is what I'd like people to think of when they see my logo:
- Simple, cool, creative, fun
- It's like someone took something normal and gave it some edge. For example taking street-wear clothing and mixing it with preppy clothing. Or taking watch links and making it into a wedding band.