He created a beautiful logo for us, and was very responsive through the process.
How Elizabeth Scott started their logo design journey
We are a start-up company based in Canberra, Australia, providing drama and acting training for children, teens and adults. We want a contemporary logo that conveys creativity and flair in performance - but we also want to convey the high quality/professionalism of our training.
Canberra Academy of Dramatic Art
What inspires you and how do you envision the design for your business?
As we are a new business, we want a logo that will contribute to brand recognition and will serve us for many years.
In the future we want to see successful professional actors emerge from our school, so we want a logo that will instill confidence in the parents who send their sons and daughters to it. (Children can attend from age 3 - 17, while we also offer professional acting training for adults.) Even with our tertiary Diploma of Performance course, we are aware that parents have a considerable say in whether or not their young adult children pursue an acting career. So the logo needs to keep this in mind, while still appealing to young 'creative types' who want to learn to act.
- Canberra Academy of Dramatic Art is a long name. You can either try using our full name in your design, or our abbreviation, CADA. We would like to see some of both. (As we are new it makes sense to splash our full name around, though.)
- Colour scheme: 2-3 funky colours.
- We are tossing around the tagline 'Imagination. Discovery. Performance'. If you would like to use this you can - but not necessary.
- Style: We are after contemporary and professional.
- Can use an icon/image, or you can just use the words.
- Style: NOT 'classic' in the sense of 'old-style theatre school'.
- NOT lime green and light blue alone together as this is associated with another major Australian drama school. We are open to these colours, however, in a different mix, or any other colours of the rainbow!
- Don't use standard 'theatre' or 'film' symbols like drama masks, film cameras, etc.