We are an internet based retailer that will be specializing in high quality books, dvds and artifacts centered around India, Indian history and culture. The brand name ‘Red Patang’ means Red Kite (Patang is a hindi word for Kite). We chose this icon to represent a playful childhood pastime in India that most people can relate to. The logo will be used as a starting point for the website design …so you can be creative.
People of Indian origin (especially children and young adults) or anyone who wants to learn about India.
The logo should incorporate the brand name 'Red Patang' and have an image of a red kite. It should be easy to remember, recognizable even from a distance and able to sit on a white background.
The font used:
· should reflect a feeling of light-hearted fun (but not silly and amateur)
· should be simple, timeless & easy to read
· should ideally be no more than 2 colors (we are thinking of red or white or black or a combination of these colors but are open to other ideas)
The kite itself should be:
· A traditional diamond (not unusual or modern shaped)
· Red color
· could have a tail or string or both. Would like the design setup in a way that the kite can be used by itself as a stand-alone representation of the brand.
EDIT: Should pop!
The logo should not be too complicated or cluttered and should be scalable (would like to use it on business cards, stationary, etc). EDIT: Attaching a font we like -please use this font or similar
Any images used should be royalty free.
Please do not post multiple entries with minor color variations.
The winner will need to provide the logo in 2 formats and versions:
Formats should be in a vector based (.ai) and bitmap based (.gif ). Each format should have the original color version & a black and white version.
Give us your best effort and we could send more business your way as our needs evolve. We will be available through the duration of the contest for questions. Please do not hesitate to reach out.