Asadesign has been great to work with. I appreciate all the revision and he seemed to be very flexible in tweaking the design to my liking.
How sandra.neumann started their logo design journey
Who are you known as?
Tell us a bit about who you are and the people you reach
If the kidneys fail, patients have to undergo dialysis, either in the hospital or at home. Patients dialysing at home have better quality of life, but encounter the most problematic therapy step: a manual connection of tubings. Each day, 1 million such connections are made by home dialysis patients, exposing them to the risk of infections. Performing this critical step with a patient aid enables more patients to receive their therapy at home. The novel patient aid will result in less infections and less healthcare costs.
What industry do you think your business is most related to?
Medical & Pharmaceutical
What colors do you want to see in your design?
Other color requirements
I'd like to explore the following colors:
Blues: Knowledge, trust, calm and honesty.
Let designers make suggestions:
To give us an idea of the overall feeling of your brand, let us know which styles you lean towards
With the help of the Peripyl System, more patients can receive their therapy in the home which has clear advantages with regards to the patient’s wellbeing and the costs to the health systems. Especially for the elderly with limitations in tactile, visual and handling skills, this steps will become manageable and easy to handle. The Peripal System will also result in less infections and less healthcare costs.
The innovative edge of an easy-to-use patient aid that reduces infections in home therapy patients is the value it generates for all stakeholders in the healthcare system, such as patients, doctors, nurses, caregivers in the family, community nurses (e.g. Spitex), and payers (Krankenkassen):
1. Increase in access to therapy: The device can broaden the patient base eligible for peritoneal dialysis (PD penetration), therefore more patients can be treated in their homes and healthcare system saves 10’000-20’000 USD / Patient / year for every patient on home dialysis instead of hospital treatment.
2. Simplify therapy process: As many steps as possible are performed by the device itself and are run in a secluded area and with an easy-to-operate device. Therefore, the therapy process can be streamlined.
3. Shorten patient training times: Because the therapy steps are simplified and the patient cannot touch the catheter inside the device, training times for patients will be shortened by 0.5day for every patient. This also allows the healthcare system to re-invest the time of highly trained nurses, one of the scarcest resource in the system.
4. Reduce peritonitis infection rate: The most critical step, the manual handling of the connection is performed in a standardized, controlled manner within the device. As a consequence, touch-contamination is reduced, hospitalizations are reduced, transfers to other therapies are reduced and with this all the costs related to these events.
CAVE: this can only be proven post launch and will require clinical studies, in collaboration with a hospital or with industry.
5. Enable assisted home therapy: The Peripal System is an important base for market access projects in home care because it makes assisted peritoneal dialysis financially more viable than the sole manual approach. It can contribute to the alleviation of today’s cost pressure in the healthcare markets.
The product idea for the Peripal System was developed and designed with the patient in mind.