We are a young startup, trying to change how Hollywood works. We are using the power of the Internet to make the dream of talented writers a reality: sell their script to a high-profile producer and get it produced into an actual movie. Writers can upload their scripts on the site and share their talent with other movie professionals.
In the future, Cinepresto will be about more than only movie scripts. Think IMDB, but then for movie projects in development.
We are looking for a logo representing Cinepresto. We would love to have an icon together with the logo also (used as Iphone icon,....) Therefore, the icon should be visually strong enough to be recognizable.
Highly targeted audience: only movie professionals (writers, directors, producers).
Here are a few things to think about:
1. keep the overall logo compact: the logo is meant to be used in the header of the site. A long vertical logo cannot easily be used. Attached, you can find a first version of the site header.
2. Think Web2.0, but make sure the logo can be used on a multitude of colors (white, black background / colour logo & black and white logo)
3. Nothing "cheap" - the word "presto" (meaning "fast" in Italian) does not mean "promotion". Nothing too fancy: we are not a financial company.
4. The typeface should be clear & simple. Bonus points when you come up with a creative typeface, like: http://www.rdio.com/. This could also be used as an icon, like the O from Rdio.
5. Avoid "Oscar-gold". We are here as challengers. Copying the black and gold design of IMDB.com is not what we have in mind.
6. Current tagline (still under review) is "Hollywood Heroes". You may add this to the logo, but this is not a requirement.
Nice logo's (unrelated to movies/screenplays):
The files we will require are:
Print file format - .ai (CMYK)
Web file format - .jpg and layered .psd (RGB)
Please do not use any stock images or clip art in the logo