PhotoSamurai is a photo contest website that strives to create better photographers through healthy competition, constructive participation and dynamic discussion.
Using a contest platform, PhotoSamurai aims to further educate photographers in the art of visual storytelling by leveraging the knowledge and successes of others in the online community.
In this instance, the word Samurai is to be understood in its plural form: we are the PhotoSamurai, a group of highly skilled, passionate photographers looking to better our craft and our field, using competition as an educational tool.
Flickr users embody our ideal audience: non-professional photographers who are really passionate about visual storytelling, are eager to learn from others and are highly active in online communities / social networks.
A Quick Note:
PhotoSamurai seeks to represent the philosophy of its namesake more so than the specific fighting / killing activities. Please resist the urge to depict blood, seppuku / harakiri or any other sort of gore / dismemberment in your logos.
- Adobe Illustrator file format, please!
- Looking for both logotype design and logo + the words “PhotoSamurai”.
- Logos can be either illustrative or abstract, as long as they somehow allude to the concept of “samurai”. Bonus points if you can incorporate “photography” in some way, too.
- Remember, samurai are NOT ninjas. Just sayin’.
- Keep it clean and simple. Elements do not need to be intricately detailed. Logos that are NOT photo-realistic are preferred. See artist mikoto’s depiction of a samurai warrior FOR REFERENCE ONLY: http://www.redbubble.com/people/mik…os-samurai
- Deep, bright colors only, with an emphasis on blacks, browns or reds. No pastels or pinks. Silhouettes are perfectly acceptable.
- Please, NO “Chinese Takeout” fonts, kanji or Asian caricatures. If depicting human figures, the faces should be indistinguishable / of no particular race/ethnicity.
- We’re open to creativity! If you design something particularly exceptional that doesn’t necessarily follow the above criteria, we’ll let you know!