always a pleasure to do business with.... very friendly and talented. Also a great communicator, thank you.
How MyTypeDesign started their logo design journey
Need a logo for a personality application on Facebook called “MyType” (http://apps.facebook.com/my-type/). Our suggested approach is a single puzzle piece graphic - see the brief for an example - and a distinctive, custom font for the word “MyType”.
What inspires you and how do you envision the design for your business?
MyType is a personality app: you can get insights into yourself after answering questionnaires, rate your friends’ personalities, meet people with your favorite types of personalities, discuss personality with others, etc. You can check out the app here: http://apps.facebook.com/my-type/
We like the idea of using a puzzle piece graphic, and we’d like a distinctive font (ideally with custom touches) for the word “MyType”. By "distinctive" we mean the way Facebook's logo font is distinctive - we're not looking for wacky or overly stylized fonts. The logo should seem serious, perhaps with a hint of fun. We’re open to a different type of graphic or none at all if you think you have something truly special up your sleeve, but the “safe” bet is to stick with the puzzle piece theme.
- A basic, distinctive logo. For the icon, think Apple. For the font, think Facebook. In both cases, “simple yet distinctive” is the mantra.
- Currently our base color is blue (#004080). We’re not stuck on this color, but we’re comfortable with it.
- Bonus points if you include a matching icon that can be no larger than 16px by 16px. If your logo includes a graphic that still makes visual sense when shrunk to this size, great! If not, which is likely, please use a simplification of the graphic or a representative component for the icon. (Facebook’s “f” graphic is an example.)
- It should not be complex. We’re not looking for fancy effects or lots of colors. Please no detailed images either. With that said, we don’t want boring either. A few nice touches will be required to make it distinctive.
- It should not have any details that would be lost if scaled down to around 140px by 40px (about as small as we would go, but there’s a good chance we’ll start with something double that size)
- Please no background effects.