I'm donating the 'look' for an independent site that will include a rating system for BUYERS.
This is not one of those old "rate my site" style of rating sites and we need a logo that says this.
* I'm donating the 'look' for an independent site that will include a rating system for BUYERS.
* The logo will be important as it will be used as the site's seal of authenticity. The site is "True Rating"
* Concept: A website that independently rates sites and buyers on definable criteria, where address details are checked and where complaints must be submitted with evidence
* Catch words: Quality, integrity, new, unique
* I have been looking for "seal of quality" links, and while there are some *reasonable* elements on istockphoto, etc. - most seem either too intricate or completely rehashed in stock libraries, etc.
* Some suggestions from people volunteering for the project (these are ONLY suggestions):
1. A stylish logo with a small meter inside the 'seal' showing a number range from 0-100
2. A rev meter from a car with a web 2.0 surround
3. An old wax seal made to look shiny and more simplified, with a gold embossed number plate (for rating score)
* The logo will need to be produced in these formats:
1. A small format (72 - 120px)
2. Large format (230 - 380px)
3. Print 10cm @ 300dpi
- The logo should relate to- Be design centric in submissions - this is about the logo, not the site name, so don't overdress the font(s).
- This is a new site and will need space in the logo for a rating inside it.
- The colours have been a sticking point in discussions - from green, gold and charcoal at one end and burgundy and gold from others, so I leave that to your creative discretion.
- This will be vector based = photoshop and ai preferred. A combination of CMYK and RGB would be an added bonus.
- Consider the SIZES in submissions - something that looks good in different sizes.
- No reworked artwork from publicly viewable sites and galleries, etc.
- Don't get caught in great detail - that will be lost in the small format.
- Artwork from someone who hasn't read the details