How Unconsultancy started their logo design journey
We need a logo for a new web enabled referral recruitment business. Simple, clean, contemporary feel, Web 2.0. Our clients are large corporates within the UK professional services sector - so logo needs to appeal to them. We need to convey an air of authority / serious players in the market.
What inspires you and how do you envision the design for your business?
The business operates at the intersection of recruitment and social networking - providing sizeable rewards for people ("referrers") who introduce the successful candidate.
"Prefio" alludes to professional & referrals.
The logo must include both "prefio.com" and the tagline "The Property Talent Network"
Unlike other such recruitment referral businesses which have started up in the recent past we are differentiated by:
- Far greater focus upon a defined niche (a sub section of the UK professional services sector)
- Controlling referrers by vetting every one before they can take part.
- Web 2.0 feel - appealing yet minimalist
- Like SUBTLE use of the logo sitting on a mirrored surface which is common with Web 2.0 type logos - but clarity / simplicity is the MOST important aspect.
- Either just the wording or wording plus a simple graphic device that points in some way to "referral / recruitment"
- White background
- Must work in black / white / greyscale as well as colour.
- File in .jpg or .png and preferably also Adobe Illustrator / EPS. Minimum 300 dpi resolution.
- Open to your suggestions re colour but we like orange, blue, grey, light green - not all together!
- Landscape format so that it can be used across the header of a web page.
- Overly complicated
- Overly colourful
- Designs that will turn off corporates