How PorterVision started their logo design journey
PorterVision is a company founded by Patrick K. Porter, PhD that offers self-improvement services primarily through creative visualization and relaxation. Our primary products are spoken word guided visualization processes. In addition, we market a light & sound relaxation device that uses flashing lights and binaural beats (tones) to simulate the brainwaves our brains generate when deeply relaxed.
What inspires you and how do you envision the design for your business?
We are looking for a logo in which the name itself, PorterVision, is prominent and bold. We want a mind/body. personal growth theme. We don't necessarily want to emphasize the light & sound, but it can be incorporated. We'd like a look like a high-end spa would have. Most of our buyers will be high-end. We are looking for sophistication and elegance in our design.
- A high end look
- Something spa-like
- Boldness in the name itself
- Rich colors with some blue
- Something that would translate well as embroidering on shirts, would stand out on products like water bottles, and that would do well in both color and b/w
- Elegance and sophistication
- Don't want anything cliche
- Don't want imagery that overpowers the name itself
- Don't want images of the earth
- Don't want images of eyeballs
- Don't want cute or silly or overly artsy
- No logos that use only the initials (again, we want the full name to be the boldest part of the logo)