a state of writing
a state of writing is a collaboration of cultural organisations in Queensland (Australia) working to connect writers, readers and ideas.
a state of writing was established to strengthen our vibrant writing culture in Queensland by stimulating new works, ideas, and bringing creators, audiences and organisations together.
Some of the organisations in this network include the State Library of Queensland (http://www.slq.qld.gov.au), Queensland Writers Centre (http://www.qwc.asn.au), Queensland Poetry Festival (http://www.queenslandpoetryfestival.com), Brisbane Writers Festival (http://www.brisbanewritersfestival.com.au), Brisbane Better Bookshops (http://www.brisbanesbetterbookshops.com.au) and many others.
This logo will be used to promote a state of writing on a social network (Ning), print collateral, and promotional merchandise.
The audiences for a state of writing are:
1. Writers and writing organisations (writing groups, publishers, booksellers)
2. Readers and reading communities (e.g. libraries, educational institutions, book clubs, festivals)
3. Viewers and audiences of film, television, performance and digital media
Brand: a state of writing
Tagline: connecting writers, readers & ideas
- a logo/graphic that incorporates the text "a state of writing"; (with a secondary option that includes our tagline)
- We want to evoke a sense of creative collaboration, energy, innovation, community
Visual / Design elements:
- Fresh, contemporary design
- Colour (four colour plus a mono version for use in mono print collateral)
What we DO want:
- A logo that can be used in a variety of media and alongside a lot of other logos
What we DON'T want:
- cliched writing motifs e.g. quills, book pages, scrolls, typewriters etc.
- We've already seen a lot of ideas around a pen nib. Please try other ideas.