MIROCHON, translates to:
MI - Can either mean flavour/taste or beauty
RO - Means the path/road
CHON - Valley/Farm
So mix all those words together, and I hope it gives a general feeling of what imagery we wish to mean. Kind of like "the road to a valley/place of flavour and beauty".
Our side-dishes condiments are high quality, so the image must have a bold, trustable, authentic feel.
Our condiments originate from very RURAL beginnings, it is the common denominator in every Korean meal, the wealthy and the poor all share this range of food in common.
Classic everyday Korean food is 1 main dish in the middle, everyone gets 1 bowl of rice each, and surrounding everything is a lot of side-dishes to eat with their rice.
They are condiments.
(These side-dishes are had with every meal in Korea, from commoner farmers to the powerful elite, no one can escape these side-dishes).
The logo must be bold yet simple, not too noisy and complicated. Want it easy to be recognizable and leave a simple and strong impression to remember.
The logo cannot be too big (so big, round, stamp-like looking styles are a no-no), because it must be visible on small package labels.
Logo must be versatile against almost any background label colour, even against black label background.
I don't mind if you use some black (or grey etc), but please do NOT rely on black, I believe black is not good for a food brand (neither is grey, silver, white...)
I am open to suggestions, but certain feelings/emotions that are ok for the logo to suggest are: mountains, moon, rice field, asian brush strokes (if done cleanly).
You don't need to over-do the Asian thing if you don't want.
It's for a modern audience of an ancient, yet chic, side-dish collection. Very traditional Korean food is now considered savvy and is now internationally on-the-rise in many 5-star restaurants around the globe.
The logo is allowed to be fun, but not too immature, otherwise it could seem like inferior quality. We want to give an appeal of quality of trust.
Photos I will upload:
- First I will upload photos of the styles of side-dishes we will sell (mainly Preserved Cucumber, Preserved Garlic, Preserved Green Chilli).
- Next I will upload images of Korean side-dishes in general.
- Then I will upload a tonne of imagery related to Korean culture in general, to help you understand the feel of our nation better so it helps you to find your inspirations.
- In Asia, the word KOREA, means People of the White Cloth, or People of the Fair White Skin
- In Korea, KOREA means People of the Air's Essence.
- In the West, KOREA is referred to as the Land of The Morning Mist.
- So Korea is often associated with of concepts of purity.
- Korea's fresh, clean, misty mountains are a source of Korea's pride.
- Koreans use a lot of soy sauce, and are the most similar race as the Japanese people, even in blood and DNA. So a lot is in common between the 2 cultures, even in language. That is why so many K-Pop stars look so similar with J-Pop stars.
I hope all the above info provides some help in your gathering of ideas for the logo.