How tapestrymusic started their logo design journey
Established full line music store (guitars, amplifiers, drums, band/string instruments, print music, repairs, music lessons) needs an updated logo. We do not sell CDs or do any recordings. We're about to redesign our website and need something new. The logo will help dictate the web colors/design. Design will also be used for print and possibly embroidered products later, so please keep in mind. Prize increased to $350-we will guarantee a winner!
What inspires you and how do you envision the design for your business?
- For background/about us and to view our current logo, visit:tapestrymusic.com
- Our customers are a varied lot: guitar beginners and pros, children learning violin or starting a band instrument, seniors buying sheet music, rockers with tattoos and classical music types can be in our store at the same time. So what represent us can't be slanted to one area (like hard rock versus band instruments) over another.
- Classic and simple look heading to almost a corporate feel. Music stores usually have a cute logo or a garish one that the electric guitar sales guy drew up. We want to look like a serious mainstream business while showing we're about music. Has to appeal to a broad customer base.
- We need this for business cards, store signage and print advertising as well.
- It would be interesting to see if our current logo can be adapted somehow-we've used it for 12 years. Or maybe you have a great new look?
- Our company color has been burgundy/wine so I hope to stay in a similiar warm color scheme with maybe a complimentary color.
- Feel free to incorporate non-music ideas in your approach. There's some wonderful design work going on here in other contests.
- Any questions? Please feel free to contact me.
- Please avoid the usual cutesy music symbol references like treble clefs, etc. unless you have a cool way of incorporating it into the design.
- No bright neon colors like oranges, lime greens, etc. Stay classic.