myRealRate uses Social & Web 2.0 technology for merchants to COMPARE & SHARE their rates to accept credit cards with other businesses.
Since 1996, Vantage has developed a trusted brand. This design project is the first of five logos needed for additional merchant site applications to tie together various business units.
What inspires you and how do you envision the design for your business?
myRealRate is a web application delivering peer-to-peer knowledge sharing to help business owners discover what their true costs is for accepting credit cards and to anonymously compare their card processing expenses with others in their industry.
“Get Real” by calculating how much you are really paying. We want people to say “I found my real rate” and by Comparison I’m doing okay OR I need to take action. We also want to build a strong sense of the power of the merchant community by Sharing this information.
- Tagline: Compare & Share
- Incorporate “my” as the application will plot comparison graphs with the community (unique "you are here" marker)
- Colors of charcoal grey, silver, blues and for a pop dark maroon (also convertible to grayscale)
- Depth, not flat on the page
- Memorable Wow factor
- Authoritative & Enlightening providing Valuable Insight
- Power of the Community to Interact
- Discovery from a fresh perspective
- Custom, Quick, Entertaining and easy to use
- Consider small sizes and without “myRealRate”. We will look too tie into other social networking venues beyond our website such as iPhone, Facebook, and third party websites to promote our application.
- Vector Format please