NTS Industrial Software Solutions GmbH, our German parent company, is celebrating 20 years of success in the ERP software business this year. We are launching a new division of NTS in North America which will bring our Apollo ERP software to industrial manufacturing groups in Canada and the United States. We are now exploring the deployment of our North American marketing materials, along with a review of existing branding guidelines. The existing logo has served us well however we’ve internally agreed that an injection of fresh creative from the 99designs.com community of designers could be a very welcome update. We are also bringing the names NTS and Apollo together to create NTS Apollo Software Solutions. The two elements do not need to look the same but they NEED to work well together.
For more information on our specific industry, which is Enterprise Resource Planning software, please take a look at Wikipedia’s page on the subject… http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Enterp…e_planning
Our target clientele produce a wide range of goods requiring above average levels of sophistication from their ERP systems due to the critical nature of their manufacturing processes. With products ranging from aerospace applications with around 100,000 individual components to food and drug manufacturers needing to track very tight tolerances across ingredients that are government regulated and often have expiry relates concerns as well, our customers demand the tightest of controls coupled with the most streamlined workflow processes available.
Within the right client offices, our products can stand up to the competition due to 20 years of continued evolution and refinement. What is important to ensure here is that our brand carries the same presence visually on paper and on the web. To give you a baseline for comparison; the largest 5 brands in the ERP space are SAP, Oracle, Sage, Netsuite, Microsoft Dynamics.
1. We are a technology company, and we provide mission critical software to industrial businesses. We have the history. We have the products. We need to have the visual branding to go along with this reality!
2. We need a logo that is an obvious evolution of the existing logo. (Attached)
3. Please dump the black text from the top reading “New Technology Software”. We are distancing ourselves from this phrase.
4. Please work with the Apollo name as well. It should be presentable with the NTS part of the logo, or without. We have been toying with the idea of showing it with the ERP designation as well but below is a good example of the range we need to se, with stars (*) next to the three most important combinations…
b. NTS Apollo*
c. NTS Apollo ERP
d. Apollo ERP
5. Colors do not need to follow in line with the blue and red that was used in the past although we will honestly probably be leaning towards that color scheme due to 20 years of familiarity. Surprising us with something that looks better is certainly welcome!
*Please adhere to standardized color systems, preferably Pantones. Please include the Pantone numbers you have selected.
6. Final artwork will need to be supplied in an Adobe Illustrator file. Our designers have Adobe tools that are up to date (CS5).
Something that I am suddenly realizing is that the full extent of the branding will cover the following range of use (in a visual/hierarchical sense)...
1. NTS (company name and used here and there as the parent brand)
2. NTS Apollo (official assembly of the logo)
3. Apollo (is the core product name)
4. Apollo XXX (modules of the product... like Apollo CRM, Apollo Production, Apollo Materials Management, Apollo EDI, Apollo Business Intelligence. Apollo Mobile... okay I'll stop... the list is long but it gives you an idea of what we'll need to tack on to the name so it probably makes sense to add that to the design exploration/submissions.
(I shared this with one of the designers that have submitted already so I thought I should share it with everyone else too!)