Information Innovation Office (I20) is an office at the Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA). This contest is to create a logo for the new I2O office.
I2O ensures U.S. technological superiority in areas where information can provide a decisive advantage. I2O executes research and development projects to develop and demonstrate interdisciplinary, crosscutting, and convergent technologies derived from emerging technological and social trends that may fall outside the DoD's traditional development areas but that have the potential for game-changing disruptions of the status quo.
Areas of interest include:
• robotics, autonomous systems, modeling and simulation
• medical informatics and biotechnology
• computing, novel hardware/processor/memory architectures and implementations, and computing-reliant subareas of the life sciences, social sciences, manufacturing, and commerce such as algorithms and optimization
• software and systems; information assurance and cyber-security
• social network and crowd-based development paradigms
• social science and human, social, cultural, behavioral modeling
• language processing; artificial intelligence and machine learning and reasoning
• sensors, processing, exploitation, and dissemination