We are launching a new POLO SHIRT BRAND, for people who are tired of the crocodile and polo-horses. The customers are YOUNG MALE ADULTS and look for something different to identify with.
The BRAND VALUES (and hence our customers values!) are:
- A POSITIVE ATTITUDE: The brand name "Oh! Rain is Over" reflects this positive view. One important aspect here is that the Logo shouldn't give you the impression that "Rain is starting" with raindrops falling and umbrellas that are UP. In the attachments you find a picture of a girl looking into the sky with the umbrella DOWN. This is a good example and we like this as a possible base idea.
- DESIRE TO UNDERTAKE: Also, this aspect is in the brand name, as it expresses a feeling of many new options opening up, since the "rain is over".
- BEING DIFFERENT: We realize that this is a Cliche, who doesn't want to be different. What we mean here is that the logo should NOT fit into the same design category as the Lacoste Crocodile, Ralph Lauren Horse or other traditional brands. It should be surprising, even confusing, maybe even somewhat inappropriate. In the attachments there is an example of another successful recent polo shirt brand called "psycho bunny". This is a good example of how to be different. We do not want anything with skulls or anything else in the direction of psycho bunny, this is just an example for "different".
The feel of the brand:
- FEMININE: It is a brand for men though. "Feminine" in the sense that it is not about tough guys, but rather about sensible and "in control" guys.
- LUXURIOUS: Some fun is fine, but not too childish.
- MISTERIOUS: One idea which is also attached, has been to replace the girl and her umbrella with a Dragon and his umbrella. It can be anything really, this should just stimulate the freedom of your thinking.
The logo will be embroidered onto the shirt (without the brand name or slogan), so it is a very central piece. The brand name and the logo should therefore also be separable. Please do not put much emphasis on the SLOGAN, if you are in doubt, leave it away.
Comments on the attachments:
- A base idea we like is the girl looking up and having a lowered umbrella. Please do NOT feel attached to this idea if you feel you want to take a different approach. In the end, we are here BECAUSE we look for different ideas...
- ... Like the idea with the dragon instead of the girl, just to show it can be anything really!
- A standard polo shirt with a small logo, just to show you where the logo will be placed.
- A sketch of the brand name, a mere idea which you can develop or discard, up to you.
- An example of another brand (psycho bunny) that has done well on "being different". Please do NOT go in the same direction, no skulls or bunnies.