There are 2 key targets for this logo:
* Sunbury Business Owners:
* The design has to be representative of Sunbury, but professional enough that Sunbury retail and other business owners would willingly place a sign/sticker with the design on their windows or advertising, identifying them as members.
* Wider Sunbury and surrounding towns residents:
* The design has to be distinctive enough, so that when the association runs a marketing campaign, member-stores are easily identified, obviously and clearly as SBA members.
Requirements and further information:
* A professional corporate design that demonstrates the SBA as a key business partner.
* The design should reflect the heritage of the Sunbury, but not lose sight that Sunbury Businesses and community is also very modern and progressive.
* The design should stand out, be distinctive but not gimmicky or cartoonish (please – no cartoon ‘Suns’ etc)
* It is a requirement that the design include the iconic cricket 'Ashes' urn (see: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Ashes_Urn.jpg ). Its colours, shape and woodgrain (as reflected in the wikipedia image file), so that its distinctive look is obvious, is a requirement.
Sunbury is located just outside of suburban Melbourne (Capital City of the State of Victoria, 2nd largest city in Australia), even though it is a suburb itself. The Victorian Government has had in place for many years an Urban Growth Boundry (UGB). This doesn't include Sunbury, therefore this has created a ‘green-belt’ around Sunbury, protecting it from urban encroachment. Sunbury, which is located on the Jackson Creek, has a semi-rural feel, not only in its natural environment, but also in the community spirit.
** We would like this ‘spirit’ and environment reflected in the design. Sunbury is also the closest food and recognised wine region to Melbourne CBD.
* We require the tagline ‘Live Sunbury. Shop Sunbury’ incorporated into the design.
* The tagline has to stand out and be more prominent than any text for "Sunbury Business Association"
The files we will require are:
All Print / Printer file formats - .ai (CMYK)
Web file formats - .jpg and layered .psd (RGB) etc
Please do not use any stock images or clip art in the logo