WITH 2 DAYS LEFT, PLEASE NOTE THAT THE CONTEST IS NOW DOWN TO A COUPLE OF DESIGNS BASED ON STAKEHOLDER INPUT AND NO OTHER NEW DESIGNS SHOULD BE SUBMITTED - PLEASE SEE THE COMMENTS ON THE CONTEST ON THE MAIN PAGE.
Need an updated logo for a firm that provides professional pyrotechnics - fireworks - displays for civic and corporate events. The logo will primarily be used in the development of the company's Website design (which will be a separate contest to follow). Looking for an appealing, forward looking design that represents the company's image of professional, high-quality fireworks displays, delivered with integrity, care, and attention to detail.
The logo is required to be used on a black background, with greater weight given to the name 'Ramsey' and less emphasis given to 'Pyrotechnics'. The logo design must also include the tagline, 'Quality Fireworks' below the brand name. The design must incorporate clean, graphical representations of a small number of fireworks shells, such as peonies, palms, and especially a 'broken glass' comet (it sheds sparks as it shoots out to its pattern). Colors of the fireworks may be red, white, blue, gold, green, purple, and/or as close to silver as you can get. Colors should be vivid and with significant intensity (for the fireworks) but not overpower the name. The type fonts should most likely be sans serif, but we are open to good designs that incorporate serif fonts.
Examples of the type of logo desired - more modern and progressive - are located within sites at http://www.wizardryfireworks.com, http://www.celebrationpyrotechnics.com, http://www.wizardryfireworks.com, http://www.creativefireworks.com, and http://www.pyrotecnico.com.
Examples of firework shell representations that should be considered are:
http://www.fantasyfireworks.org/Pictures.html the half red half silver and the brocade ring
The idea is a more graphical representation of fireworks, as in the Pyrotecnico logo, but with different patterns and complementing the Ramsey Pyrotechnics name and associated tagline. The client is also open to their name being 'spelled' in fireworks. The logo should convey strength, creativity, perhaps a little surprise and, above all, quality.
- Ramsey name is larger than Pyrotechnics, perhaps 'balanced' with equal length but a smaller font for Pyrotechnics.
- Tagline is below the rest of the logo, and could be separated off if desired
- Ideally, the design should also work with little modification on a white background, and reproduce well at small sizes and on material, so make sure the type sizes are larger enough in proportion to each other.
- Deliverable is to be layered PhotoShop files AND Vector format for resizing
- Don't get too cute or over complicated - the design will appear on shirts and hats as well as must reproduce well.