Logo needed for new website that will feature high-end consumer electronics (and other non-electronic products in future). Chose Redpoint name as climbing, 'clean ascent' reference, would like to incorporate that concept in logo design.
Redpoint Store (http://www.redpointstore.com)
We are launching an online store initially featuring good quality home theater electronics (receivers, speakers, TVs, accessories) at competitive or discount prices. In future, we plan to offer additional products, so the logo needs to work for a varied product line (e.g. should not incorporate any home theater image in design).
Please refer to this shop cart demo: http://demos.turnkeywebtools.com/ss4/. We will be basing the site design on this format, so the logo should work well on this page (select Classic Red layout at top dropdown. That is the page layout we’ll be using.)
The primary need is for a logo to use on the website. However in future we will want to use logo for other things like letterhead, business cards, t-shirts, hats, etc.
The logo can focus on just the word Redpoint, but will need to incorporate the tag Redpoint Store somehow. Or RedpointStore.com or something like that.
- Subtle reference to climbing. Redpoint = When a climber has led a climb from top to bottom with out weighting the rope or gear. Also called a clean ascent.
- Should incorporate the color red somehow, even if just a little
- Logo should have a light, agile feel, not heavy or thick
- Clean font, clean lines
- Open to variations of cap/lowercase, e.g. redpoint store, RedPoint Store, Redpoint Store
- Should incorporate RedpointStore.com or Redpoint Store text somehow (not exactly sure on how to do that, open to suggestion!)
- Generic enough to encompass future products beyond electronics
- Professional look, strong look to instill confidence in buying from a reputable source
- Winner to provide in Vector format, as well as other formats
- Any direct reference to home theater or specific product. Would be too narrow.
- Anything too cartoonish or not serious enough. Since we are new player in a highly competitive arena, need to create appearance of solidity.
- Not too heavy. The pages will be busy with a lot of products and specs; logo should not fight with rest of page.