Gab did a great job, and adapted everything we asked for in a super short time.
How JP@ITS started their logo design journey
Design an identifiable, unique, energetic/active and regionally fitting logo for an up and coming brand and website, 757 Runners - a community dedicated to everything running in Hampton Roads (the 757 area code).
757 Runners, 757runners.com
What inspires you and how do you envision the design for your business?
Expanding on the short description, I need a logo that will be used on the website, print media, running shirts, bibs, etc. It needs to be a logo that is easily identifiable, memorable, represents all runners (hobby to elite), ties into the Hampton Roads area (which is primarily known for it's water, ocean and bay, and the military, more here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hampton_Roads), and is energetic/exciting. The concept behind the website and the brand is to be the brand that ties all the smaller running companies/groups in the region together. Whether it's running supplies, groups/clubs, event organizers, this should be the place to go learn about anything running in Hampton Roads. It will have articles, events, links to the local businesses, a forum, and more. Eventually, the brand will be used to put on events as well. So the logo needs to be fitting for all uses.
- Energetic colors and combinations of colors, though this should be an easily printable logo so keep the overall number of colors to a minimum (2-3).
- Exciting, clean fonts. Please don't use anything serif - that is not exciting.
- Running objects - it must has some kind of running object, or related. It must be stupidly clear that it's a running logo without reading anything. Runners, running bibs, groups of runners, etc.
- Regionally focused - everyone can identify with the water (ocean, Chesapeake bay), and beaches here. We don't have much of a town or urban setting.
- Unique unique unique! I don't want the logo to look like anyone else's (so, a runner silhouette and 757 Runners next to it isn't going to work)
- I can't emphasize enough about it being energetic - meaning - the logo should convey/scream motion, excitement. A runner standing still for example would not be energetic. Think of this like a sports brand.
- I don't have a tagline yet, but please build one into the design.
- Initial advertising would be done by wearing shirts with the logo to races. Other runners and spectators need to be able to see and understand the logo and any other information in about 5 seconds time as the runner is running by. This is hugely important.
- The contest winner needs to be able to supply the logo in AI (CS2 compatible) or other similar print quality vector format.
- Abstracts - abstracts aren't appropriate here. For example, the Nike Swoosh wouldn't work here.
- Gradients - gradients are not appropriate here and break the 2-3 color rule anyway.
- Clashing colors.