We are currently in Beta at http://www.sharperoo.com so you can see what our current logo and color scheme look like.
We are completely open on color scheme, font, logo, tag-line, etc.
Our focus is on the home improvement vertical however and that is not likely to change.
Things we would like the brand to communicate:
1. A sense of trust - At the end of the day we are about creating trust and accountability between homeowners and contractors.
2. Our long-term strategy is to stay vertical (in home improvement / construction) so it is fine if the brand communicates something about this (the existing logo contains a house).
3. We don't want anything too sophisticated, stylized or cartoon-ish. We are a mass consumer product so it should speak to a very broad audience.
4. We want something relatively simple, friendly, approachable.
5. We are an online-focused startup so it would be good to have something that seems a bit more contemporary or Web 2.0 (shudder).
Note: Remember to play with different colors, black, white and grey. The logo doesn’t need to completely match the layout to the Website, it just needs to be similar enough to look sophisticated, fresh and fitting. We want variety. If we like certain aspects of different samples, that is an easily remedied problem.