It's really quite an open brief... I'm after a really eye-catching logo that really communicates the idea of a 'Stormtrooper craft brewery'
The following pointers should help I hope:
1. As mentioned it should be obvious to anyone who sees it that it is excellent quality (space) craft beer that we are offering.
2. The design can only feature the original Stormtrooper armour - including the E-11 Blaster - and shouldn't make any other reference or inference to Star Wars itself. It doesn’t need to include all of the armour by the way. The iconic helmet would be the obvious part to focus on but it’s up to you. The original moulds were handmade and therefore elements - the helmet specifically - are slightly assymetrical. I've uploaded an approved line drawing which might help demonstrate this better.
3. The words 'The Original' need not be particularly prominent in the design. The main emphasis should be on 'Stormtrooper Beer'.
4. Colour palette – no restrictions, although white’s going to feature quite prominently. Monochrome or full colour it’s up to you (but great if it could work in B&W too).
5. If possible, try and avoid just featuring a helmet and adding a hop bud. It's a bit obvious... Try and be a bit more creative. There's plenty of brewing equipment you could feature - fermentation tanks and barrels for instance. Or how about incorporating 'space' in the design in some way... stars or even 'hop-shaped' planets.
6. Think about size. The logo will be used in a variety of ways, from being shrunk down really small (masthead on a web page) to featuring on t-shirts.
There is no right solution... I've attached some examples of logos that I think are successful - there's no particular style I'm after, I just want to be wowed. BUT important to add, that I'm after something a bit more than just the helmet and some type saying 'beer' - really, it needs to be more inventive than that.