We are looking for a logo that should be minimal, simple, modern, elegant but also, of course, attractive. We would then also need a favicon that could be used for preprinted paper later on, other than for our blog.
The name Chef.0 was choosen after a long reasoning as we wanted to give the idea of people who are constantly looking for improvement while aiming to perfection, which is what we are. We are very passionate about our job and we keep being curious about new tecnhiques and the latest technology applied to cooking. And this is what we want to share with others.
ZERO represent a lot of things: "0" is the meeting point of positive and negative temperature; "0" is the quantity of air around a food after the Sous Vide process; "0", preceded by a dot, is the beginning of a new 'version' of a computer software (a new PROJECT in our specific case, and so on...
But "0" it's also the beginning of everything: like when you don't know how to do something and start to learn it, or when a titled person teach you something explaining thing from the basis (from scratch), on the other side...
So we chose to be Chef.0 because we want to be the ones on the next level! :-)
We will consider the most creative logos although we already have some ideas in our mind but we're chefs, not designers! :-)
So here are some guidelines for the making of our favourite logo:
- we would like it to be written with a light, modern font;
- the 0 at the end should be recognizable like a ZERO, not looking like a "o" or any other similar letter;
- it could contain a stylized thermometer or a "metered" bar like the one that marks temperatures;
- it could also include a "handle", like those ones used in ovens or stoves to set cooking parameters or turn the fire on;
- both of them (thermometer and the handle) could be coloured in red/blue palettes, meaning the temperature change from cold to hot or viceversa, as cooking is transforming food by the use of heat, making it from cold to hot;
***** What we DON'T NEED to be in the logo:
Knives, forks, chef's hats, fire or flames, glasses, plates.... or any other "abused" object to graphically represent the kitchen or the surroundings of our job. We prefer tech kitchen-tools instead ;)