How midtownninja started their logo design journey
We are an exciting online retail concept for the Indian wedding gifts market.
Please help me with a clean, iconic, recognizable logo that will be the face of our service online and in print.
What inspires you and how do you envision the design for your business?
[RECENTLY UPDATED: See BONUS POINTS section in What I Want below]
Tofagenie is a composite Hindi-English word. Tofa in Hindi means gift and you know what genie means in English, of course. Tofagenie's tagline is 'Where your wishes come true...' Tofagenie is a service that users can use to create wishlists for their weddings -- kind of like registries at http://theknot.com
Note that this logo is for consumption by Internet users in India, so any elements that might make Indian users feel at home would be a plus. Feel free to use elements like a genie, a lamp or any other fantasy-based themes that tie in to wish fulfilment. It would be better if logos did NOT have an explicit wedding tie-in.
The winning logo will be iconic and easy to recognize and can stand alone, apart from the name of the service. It would feature a human/human-like character to which its audience can ascribe personality traits--think something that can possibly be animated as the face of the service.
- Tagline: 'Where your wishes come true...' in any case of your choice (all lowercase, title case etc.)
- A genie, or at the very least, something/someone to which you can attribute personality characteristics
- Doesn't have to be strictly rectangular.
- Colorful, yet understated and elegant. Pastels evocative of India (orange, brown, green etc.) a plus.
- Some element in the logo that can stand alone (i.e. without the Tofagenie name), such as with a favico.ico browser tab icon
- BONUS POINTS: If you are able to incorporate the Interstate typeface into your design. I have seen some great designs so far, but I'd like to see some that use Interstate for the main logo and/or tagline.Please include a vector master copy (Adobe Illustrator, SVG, Photoshop etc.) as well as easily consumable rasterizations (any of jpg, png or gif).
- No clipart
- Not too many colors
- No rainbows
- No gradients, unless to make a shiny button effect