WineMap is a product which is initially being developed in New Zealand, but will with time be available for a much broader market. So the identity must be globally generic, and NOT New Zealand specific.
The application will be both Online and iPhone. It is a customised extension of GoogleMaps. Your icon will work in triplicate as a Logo, Map Marker Pin and iPhone Button...
We don't know EXACTLY what we want, but we will know when we see it! All designs will be actively rated and feedback provided.
This is a ReLaunched project, as the previous was Hidden and led to some slight changes in specification (almost every entry had an NZ map on it).
Globally, 18+. Hence the need for creative simplicity.
Submissions must be the same icon, used 3 ways:
- Google Map Marker Pin
- iPhone Button
(the Google Map Marker Pin will replace the standard google pins... so the graphic needs to be PORTRAIT in layout, and at the base come to a "point").
- Based on the type of winery, and level of membership, the MapPin must be able to work in multiple colours. Blends and alpha are still acceptable, as the Pin will be a PNG. However, the icon will be small, so you need to keep it very simple.
Firstly the "styling":
- Must be Web 2.0 in styling
- Must NOT include anything related to New Zealand
- Main icon must reflect "wine" (Glass, Bottle, Cork, Corkscrew etc...)
And finally the Creative angle...
- Yes it must be simple, but we want a creative take on the stock item that takes it into a corporate identity.
- Glass with Wings?
- Flying Cork?
- Glass turning into Corkscrew?
- Anything incorporating WINE & TRAVEL.
So.... here is some INSPIRATION (not to copy, to inspire) for you: