I am making a coupon app for a friend who runs a coupon calendar business. All of his coupons are printed at this point, and he wants to go digital with a beautiful app. Even though their print product doubles as a calendar, this app isn't going to have any calendaring functionality.
- We need to be able to filter the coupons we are looking at based on distance (from the device at that time), as well as filter based on category (restaurants, services, entertainment, all).
- We need to have a concept of favorites. If the user is browsing the app and sees a coupon they want to save for later, a favorite button (probably a star) would save that coupon to a globally accessible list of favs.
- Each coupon will have the option to 'Add to Passbook'. It is doubtful that there will be barcodes associated with these coupons, so it will be a barcode-less passbook entry.
- From within the app, the user can share a coupon via the usual social media outlets, the link would open the app and show the coupon, or if the app isn't on the device, go to the app store and prompt for download. (I actually don't even know if that is all possible, will be good to find out)
- Search functionality. This is different from filtering. Search by Zip, City, Address - possibly use the scope bar feature of UISearchBarController.
- From within a coupon view, have a button that will open up maps and navigate to the address associated with the coupon.
- On the coupon view, the option to 'Call Now' the associated phone number, as well as have a map view of where the company is on a map via an embedded map view.